Grand Jury - Qualifications
To qualify to serve on the Grand Jury, you must meet the following requirements as outlined in Penal Code §893:
- Be a citizen of the United States; 18 years of age or older;
- A current resident of Butte County and for one year immediately before being selected;
- Possess natural faculties of ordinary intelligence, of sound judgment, and of fair character;
- Possess sufficient knowledge of the English language.
A person is not legally qualified to apply or serve on the Grand Jury if any of the following apply:
- The person is serving as a trial juror in any court of this state;
- The person has been discharged as a grand juror in any court of this state within one year;
- The person has been convicted of malfeasance in office or any felony or other high crime;
- The person is serving as an elected public officer.
1 Court Street, Oroville CA 95965
© 2021 Superior Court of California, County of Butte. All rights reserved.