Due to the Shelter In Place Order issued by the Governor of California and the recommendation of the Federal Government to limit gatherings of more than 10 people, the Court substantially closed to the public from March 23, 2020 through March 27, 2020 and reopened the week of March 30, 2020, with reduced services and limited access. For additional information please select one of the links below: (Haga clic aquí para español)
Civil / Probate
- All Civil calendars, excluding Jury Trials, recommenced May 18, 2020.
- All Probate calendars recommenced effective May 18, 2020.
- Public phones and Counters at the Chico Courthouse have returned to regular business hours (8:30 am – 4:00 pm M-F).
- If you are self-represented (do not have an attorney), you may file papers electronically, via mail, or via drop-box at either Court location between the hours of 8:30 am – 4:00 pm M-F.
- Pursuant to Emergency Local Rule 1.10(b)(1), all Counsel on Civil and Probate matters are required to appear via Court Call until further notice on the following Case Types:
- Civil Limited and Unlimited Law and Motion matters, Case Management Conferences, and Settlement Conferences (not including Civil Harassments and Unlawful Detainers). Settlement Conferences may be held via Court Call or Zoom at the discretion of the Court.
- Probate Estates and Conservatorships, excluding LPS Conservatorships
1 Court Street, Oroville CA 95965
© 2020 Superior Court of California, County of Butte. All rights reserved.