Due to the Shelter In Place Order issued by the Governor of California and the recommendation of the Federal Government to limit gatherings of more than 10 people, the Court substantially closed to the public from March 23, 2020 through March 27, 2020 and reopened the week of March 30, 2020, with reduced services and limited access. For additional information please select one of the links below: (Haga clic aquí para español)
- Public phones and Counters at the Oroville Courthouse have returned to regular business hours (8:30 am – 4:00 pm M-F).
- Most matters scheduled between March 30 – June 12, and some matters scheduled between June 15 – July 7, wherein the Defendant is not currently in custody at the Butte County Jail, have been or will be rescheduled to a future date. Notices will be mailed to the defendant and/or their attorney. You can also look up your case online to find your appearance date.
- Courtroom occupancies will be severely limited in order to meet the current social distancing requirements, with priority given to case parties and participants (e.g. District Attorney, Probation, Defense Counsel).
- Regular Arraignment calendars will recommence on Friday, June 19th. If you have a citation, own recognizance release, Notice to Appear, or Bail Bond, you must appear on your scheduled date and time.
- If you need to make a payment on a previously imposed sentence you can make your payment online. If your case is not available online, you may pay by mail or contact the Court by phone during the above hours.
If you are represented by an attorney, please contact your attorney for additional information.
1 Court Street, Oroville CA 95965
© 2020 Superior Court of California, County of Butte. All rights reserved.