Due to the Shelter In Place Order issued by the Governor of California and the recommendation of the Federal Government to limit gatherings of more than 10 people, the Court substantially closed to the public from March 23, 2020 through March 27, 2020 and reopened the week of March 30, 2020, with reduced services and limited access. For additional information please select one of the links below: (Haga clic aquí para español)
- Long cause hearings / Trials set after May 18 remain as currently scheduled.
- Status Conferences through June 30, 2020 have been rescheduled. Status Conference calendars will recommence July 1, 2020.
- DCSS (Department of Child Support Services) calendars recommenced May 19, 2020.
- Settlement Conferences set after May 18 shall proceed on a case-by-case basis at the discretion of the Court.
- Family Law "Request for Order" (RFO) Calendars on Tuesday and Wednesday mornings recommenced starting Wednesday, April 1. Calendar sizes are limited, and calendars are being split between 8:30 and 1:30 sessions to further reduce Courtroom occupancies. All Domestic Violence matters are to be set on the 1:30 sessions.
- Public phones and Counters at the Chico Courthouse have returned to regular business hours (8:30 am – 4:00 pm M-F).
- If you are self-represented (do not have an attorney), you may file papers electronically, via mail, or via drop-box at either Court location between the hours of 8:30 am – 4:00 pm M-F.
- Child Custody Mediations continue to be limited to phone interviews/sessions unless otherwise directed by your Mediator (child interviews may be held in person). Day-of-Court "VIP" Child Custody Mediations are suspended until further notice.
- If you are self-represented, it is recommended that you contact the Court’s Self-Help center via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit their website at sharpcourts.org. Effective Monday, June 15th SHARP will be open at the Chico and Oroville Courthouses for in-person assistance during business hours (8:30 am – 4:00 pm).
1 Court Street, Oroville CA 95965
© 2020 Superior Court of California, County of Butte. All rights reserved.