Due to the Shelter In Place Order issued by the Governor of California and the recommendation of the Federal Government to limit gatherings of more than 10 people, the Court substantially closed to the public from March 23, 2020 through March 27, 2020 and reopened the week of March 30, 2020, with reduced services and limited access. For additional information please select one of the links below: (Haga clic aquí para español)
Adult Traffic/Infractions (Chico)
- Public phones and Counters at the Chico Courthouse have returned to regular business hours (8:30 am – 4:00 pm M-F).
- If your case does not require an appearance, you may pay your citation online or contact the Court. You may submit documents to the Court either by mail, via drop-box at either Court location (8:30 am - 4:00 pm M-F), or by eFiling.
- Thursday Traffic Arraignment calendars recommenced on April 2. However, Courtroom capacity is severely limited to allow for social distancing. It is strongly recommended that you handle your citation online or by telephone, or phone to request an extension to a future date, rather than appearing in person at the Courthouse at this time.
- Monday Traffic Court Trials recommenced on June 1, 2020. If you had a Trial set before that date, it has been rescheduled and you have been sent a notice. If you did not receive the notice, please look up your case online or contact the Clerk's office to obtain your new Trial date.
Juvenile Traffic/Infractions (Oroville)
- Juvenile Traffic matters are being heard as scheduled.
1 Court Street, Oroville CA 95965
© 2020 Superior Court of California, County of Butte. All rights reserved.